Law Offices of Amel R. Massa
I have 25 years experience resolving disputes through Litigation, Collaborative Law and Mediation. You now have choices you may not have considered.
Litigation is expensive both monetarily and emotionally. It is rarely necessary; but when it is, you absolutely need an experienced and persistent litigator like me in your corner.
Collaborative Law is quicker, generally less expensive, results in a more durable agreement and honors the highest priorities of each individual. It is a less adversarial process in which the parties agree to resolve their dispute without going to court, yet each party remains fully represented by a trained Collaborative Attorney. The process supports all participants in maintaining dignity and respect for themselves and their families. As a skilled Collaborator with a Litigation background, I am able to recognize future potential pitfalls that can be addressed and eliminated using the Collaborative Law Process.
Mediation is effective for people who are able to articulate their own interests and priorities yet are able to remain willing to respect the other party’s concerns and consider alternative solutions. I have the ability to fully listen to each individual and facilitate the conversation in a way that allows the parties to reach an agreement crafted by themselves and for themselves.
Specialties: I facilitate successful agreements. Examples include divorce agreements, parenting agreements, small business dissolution agreements and/or agreements regarding virtually any relational dispute or challenge within a family, a business, or an organization.
Areas of Practice:
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Family Law
- Family Business Disputes (Civil Collaborative)
- Matrimonial Law
- Post-Divorce Disputes
- Pre/postnuptial Agreements
- Shareholder/Partner Disputes (Civil Collaborative)
- Member of International Association of Collaborative Professionals
- Member of New York Association of Collaborative Professionals since 2008
- Member of Collaborative Divorce Resolutions of Long Island (cdrli.com)
- Pioneer of Collaborative Divorce in Suffolk County
- Experienced in all phases of Matrimonial and Family Law in Suffolk and Nassau Counties as well as New York City for over 25 years.
- Hofstra University School of Law