Joseph Law Group P,C,
James P. Joseph has emerged as one of Long Island’s top matrimonial attorneys, with a record of successes and a well known commitment to his clients and to divorce law. Focused and hard-working, Joseph says he never loses sight of his goal: obtaining an equitable resolution for his clients without inflicting unnecessary financial and emotional damage on the family. “I don’t believe in wasting people’s money,” says Joseph, adding that he won’t represent anyone whose goal is to simply extract a ‘pound of flesh’ from his/her spouse. “My role is to ensure that my clients receive their fair share of the parties’ assets and, to the extent feasible, that they can maintain their standard of living post-divorce. At the same time, our firm seeks to avoid increasing the tension level between the parties. When children are involved, the more contentious the divorce, the more damage that is done to the kids. Our firm will not contribute to the animosity to satisfy a misdirected client nor to earn a fee. On the other hand, when justified, we will thoroughly and aggressively pursue all avenues of relief.”
Areas of Practice:
- Family Law
- Matrimonial Law
- Pre/postnuptial Agreements
- Nassau County Bar Association – Matrimonial Committee
- New York State Bar Association – Family Law Committee and Matrimonial Committee
- Fee Arbitration Panel of the NYS Office of Court Administration – Lead Arbitrator
- Collaborative Practice Interdisciplinary Training
- Member of the Bar – New York State
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York, 1993 – J.D.
Honors: Hofstra Law Service to the School Award
Honors: 1993 NYS Bar Association Law Student Legal Ethics Award
Law Review: Hofstra Law School Alumni Association, Former Member, Board of DirectorsHofstra University, Hempstead, New York, 1989 – B.B.A.